Sr. Data Engineer
Not Accepting Applications
Join the most exciting music tech company in the Bay Area and enjoy our collaborative and agile environment!
BandPage's vision is to be the leading platform for connecting musicians and fans through innovative technology. We're a venture-backed start-up who recently raised our series B funding, and our flagship product, BandPage on Facebook, is used by over 250,000 musicians and 30,000,000 fans every month.
Changing the world is all in a day's work at BandPage. Make innovation your career – work at BandPage!
This role focuses on developing reusable tools for the management and manipulation of large data sets. You'll get to help us evolve the handling of massive data and do deep analysis of very interesting data sets. You'll have a strong voice in the architecture and implementation of both analytics and data mining. Work closely with our team of very experienced engineers and music lovers.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
* Be a Java expert.
* Have experience with HBase, Pig, Hive, Cascade, and other similar technologies.
* Have an interest in Scala and other functional programming languages.
* Be a part of the open source community.
You Can Look Forward To:
* Working with a small, talented team. Bandpage is staffed by intelligent, hardworking and dedicated folks who love music. We work hard and play hard too.
* Growth opportunities. The company plans on growing very fast in the next 18 months. As we grow, there will be advancement left and right, including opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
* Great perks. We are committed to our team member's high quality of life, including an excellent benefits package:
- full medical, dental, etc. benefits
- commuter checks
- free tickets to concerts and shows
- an on-site corporate chef!
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click below.