Analytics/Big Data Software Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
Who we are:
Have you watched a movie streaming on Netflix or Amazon? If you’ve watched video or read a web page on the internet, chances are you’ve seen Limelight’s technologies in action. Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW) is the content delivery partner for thousands of entertainment, technology, enterprise, and government entities around the world. Our customers include some of the greatest companies in the world: Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Pokemon and thousands more.
We have a small outpost team in Seattle of talented developers looking for their next team member. Get the perks of working for a large stable company but remain part of a highly focused small team of talented folks where your contributions really count– read more to see what Limelight Networks can offer you!
Who we need:
Do you love extracting cool insights from data? Enjoy putting together reports to explain the significance of data to a given product? Like working on a constantly growing data set?
Our Video Platform Solutions team delivers millions of hours of video per month. We are looking for an Analytics / Big Data Software Engineer who can help us manage and analyze our rapidly growing usage dataset. Enjoy analyzing and digesting data – this role is for you!
What the job entails:
- designing and implementing reliable systems that can process massive data sets and scale 100x (our data set is growing very rapidly!)
- leveraging cloud computing, distributed storage, NoSQL, MapReduce and other state of the art Big Data systems to build cutting edge analytics tools (want to work on the cutting edge – we’ll get you there!)
- generating elegant reports and other business intelligence insights our customers will love. (not only can you analyze the data – you like to present it well too!)
- Have 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- Have strong skills in a modern Object Oriented language (Java, C++, C#, etc)
- Deep exposure to server/service design, messaging/queueing sytem and caching
- Have experience with designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
A bonus if you:
- Have experience with Hadoop/MapReduce and other related technologies such as Cascading
- Have worked with a database system (MySQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle, etc)
We’d really like to talk you about our team!
What we can offer you:
- The chance to work on products that will affect millions of users.
- An environment where you can grow your engineering skills quickly while working on a team of capable smart engineers.
- The opportunity to write and release products instead of going to countless meetings.
- Direct ownership of a system
- The chance to be a key player rather than a cog!
- A very relaxed, fun work environment
* This is a full time on-site position at our Seattle, San Francisco or Mountain View office.
* No telecommuting.
- Industry competitive salary.
- Vacation days and time off.
- Full medical coverage.
- Weekly bagel breakfasts, catered lunches.
How to Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.