Accepting Applications, please Apply
Sleepy Giant runs persistent online games and communities of all sizes. We specialize in working with game studios to get their games to market, through a blend of strategic planning, smart design, cutting edge technologies, rock solid operations and real-time marketing. Our team takes an analytical approach to games; matching and supporting our creative counterparts at development studios. Some of the partners we work with include Activision, Disney, SeaWorld and THQ.
* Manage high-traffic websites and large-population multiplayer online games and help shape the service experience for all players. Help Sleepy Giant refine our DevOps processes and procedures to foster a center of excellence within the services organization.
* Architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, database scaling/sharding, and data transformation. Work in diverse hosting environments including Rackspace, AWS, Joyent and physical.
* Implement monitoring solutions to share insights into application performance and understand emerging issues. Define processes to support high-availability on all supported services.
* Maintain deployment software and tools (Chef, Puppet, Capistrano etc). Design and execute load tests against applications to test their capabilities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has architected the devops system for a high traffic web based product in the past.
* Familiar with several modern object oriented languages and systems engineering tools.
* Experience using version control.
* Linux systems administration experience. You don't need to have been a sys admin in title, but we're looking for those skills.
* Has developed software for at least 1 high traffic consumer facing site that was hosted in the cloud. (We're looking for experience with distributed cloud systems -AWS/Rackspace)
* Have been the person to give the "green light" to releases in a previous role.
* You may or may not be a "programmer" but you can read code and configuration files and interpret the intentions.
Some of the buzzwords you might have under your belt:
* (NoSQL) especially Redis and MongoDB
* Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python
* Capistrano, Chef, Puppet
* Shell, Bash
* Experience with Services and managing Deployment
You Can Look Forward To:
* Our team is talented and small - your contribution will matter.
* Growth opportunities. The company plans on growing quickly. As we grow, there will be advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
* Great perks! We are committed to our team's high quality of life, including an excellent benefits package:
- full medical, dental, vision. benefits
- stock option plan in the works!
- fully stocked pantry and bagels monday
- Paid vacations days
* This is a full time on-site position located at our headquarters in Newport Beach, CA or our office in Chicago, IL.
* Sleepy Giant is unable to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link!