Application Support Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
Sleepy Giant runs persistent online games and communities of all sizes. We specialize in working with game studios to get their games to market, through a blend of strategic planning, smart design, cutting edge technologies, rock solid operations and real-time marketing. Our team takes an analytical approach to games; matching and supporting our creative counterparts at development studios. Some of the partners we work with include Activision, Disney, SeaWorld and THQ.
*Deliver and manage high availability systems and networks with 100% SLAs.
* Troubleshoot any issues related to technical portions of game delivery.
* Deploy and configure the system network architecture for each game in coordination with game developers and internal Applications Teams responsible for set-up, security, management and performance monitoring of the following: game servers, web servers, database servers, routers/firewalls and other L4 network equipment.
* Stress testing of environments prior to production rollout.
* Perform shell and software programming needed for monitoring, deployment or stress testing.
* Manage day to day project operations and communications including: building solid best practices and 24 x 7 systems administration, document process and procedures per environment, creating and maintaining all logical and physical network diagrams, rack diagrams,wiring connections, hardware locations etc.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* You are an experienced Linux Systems admin with experience in application design and troubleshooting.
* You can do basic scripting in standard Linux shells and can troubleshoot shell, PHP and Python scripts.
* You have experience with database scaling and solutions with multiple flavors of SQL (Postgre, MySQL and MS SQL).
If you fit the above and are looking for a chance to dig deep into application design and database scaling and solution process for a quickly growing company working in the gaming sector – this is the role for you!
You Can Look Forward to:
* Our team is talented and small - your contribution will matter.
* Growth opportunities. The company plans on growing quickly. As we grow, there will be advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
* Great perks! We are committed to our team's high quality of life, including an excellent benefits package:
- full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- stock option plan in the works!
- fully stocked pantry and bagel Mondays
- paid vacations days
* This is a full time on- site position located at our headquarters in Newport Beach, CA or at our office in Chicago, IL.
* Sleepy Giant is unable to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
How To Apply:
*The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link!