Big Data Engineer
Rhythm New Media
Not Accepting Applications
Big Data Engineer
Rhythm New Media connects brand advertisers with today’s high-engaged mobile audience by selling as well as serving video, rich media and other immersive advertising. Our media partners include NBC Universal, CBS, Sony, ABS, Fox, Warner Bros, IAC, Demand Media and many more! In 2011 we ran more than 200 campaigns with top brand advertisers including P&G, Unilever, Disney, Chase, McDonald’s, General Motors, AT&T, Verizon, Macy’s HP and Microsoft and achieved unprecedented engagement results.
Come join our team and get the chance to work in the exciting field of mobile web browser advertising!!
We’re looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our Mountain View team who can make a major contribution to our data analysis platform. You will have the opportunity to work on an analytics platform that will change the way brand advertising works! In this role you have the chance to build out a major software system with a small team of smart and dedicated engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop or noSQL databases (bonus points for Cassandra)
• Experience with object oriented programming (e.g. Java, Ruby, and lots of Bourne shell scripting)
• Experience with large scale data analysis on a distributed/clustered system
Bonus Points for:
• Being an outstanding programmer with a track record of writing quality code
• Strong background in computer science, math, and statistical analysis
• Working knowledge of ETL and industry data analysis and business intelligence tools
• Demonstrated ability to solve hard computing problems
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Full health, dental, vision, 401K
• Accessible by CalTrain and MVT; (lots of onsite parking too!)
• Fridge full of snacks and several catered meals an month
• Great Mountain View location – downtown and close to restaurants, cafes, nightlife
• This is a full-time onsite position in Mountain View, CA
How To Apply:
• The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
• All applications receive a response
• All applications are kept strictly confidential
• To apply, click the link!