Ruby On Rails Developer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
Who We Are:
Quri is a San Francisco-based mobile and web startup that is transforming the $350 billion trade marketing industry. Our retail intelligence platform connects brands and retailers to an on-demand consumer fieldforce, which provides instant, in-store visibility of products and promotions. Using Quri, brands and retailers can measure the shopper experience as it occurs, which ultimately empowers them sell more products. For consumers, Quri provides an easy way earn supplemental income.
You’d join our team of veteran technology and brand innovators who excel at building companies. We're venture-backed, and we're currently experiencing tremendous customer traction with global brands. Additionally, we have received significant media accolades, including being a featured presenter at the Wall Street Journal's exclusive D: All Things Digital executive conference in late May; and we recently appeared on the pages of All Things Digital, The San Francisco Chronicle, CNET, USA Today, and Forbes, which praised Quri for “providing deep data for national consumer brands.”
We’ve got quite a number of interesting and fun technical challenges to tackle, for example:
• Applying data analysis and metrics to real world data (think Google analytics for store-, shelf- and sku-level data);
• Algorithmically pricing our service (we’ve got a dynamic, distributed, mobile workforce);
• Intelligent location based notifications (you’ll help us crack the nut on background location notification).
Oh, and along the way you’ll be an active participant in a company (dare we say movement?) that is transforming a $350 billion per year industry. Intrigued? Sure hope so!
Our Ideal Candidate:
• You’re a senior-level engineer who’s got solid professional experience coding in object-oriented language(s), including Ruby on Rails;
• You have a proven track record of shipping amazing, scalable web applications;
• You lead by example and are confident making the tradeoffs necessary to make sure we ship product and delight customers.
Bonus Points For:
• Deep interest in users and user experience
• Experience with geospatial applications, applied machine learning, workforce management and recommendation engines
• Experience with APIs
• Comfortable with PostgreSQL and a NoSQL solution
• One or more of the following acronyms mean something (positive) to you: GTD, OKR, or S.M.A.R.T.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Meaningful equity
• Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
• Generous paid time off
• Monthly transportation stipend for eco-conscious commuters
• Monthly wellness allowance for gym memberships, yoga, etc.
• Your choice of high-end laptop and 27" display
What Our Office Is Like:
• Outstanding SOMA location (near pubic transportation, easy highway access, roof deck with BBQ, private parking, etc.)
• Onsite shower
• Stocked kitchen + weekly healthy lunches catered
• Fun + Active: Foosball table, weight set, yoga mats, etc.