Senior Linux Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
Pantheon - getpantheon.com - is fast moving start-up based in downtown San Francisco making it radically easier for organizations to develop and manage their websites. We have enthusiastic early customers including AAA, NBC Universal and UC Berkeley and top-class venture backing. We are looking for talented and creative people to join our small but growing team.
At Pantheon everyone takes responsibility for their initiatives within an iterative and collaborative environment. Our approach is pragmatic and anti-BS; we eschew silos. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. Working here is awesome. We make it rain.
We're looking for an engineer to lead deep dives from the node.js router at our edge all the way to the kernel on our application servers.
There will also be a focus on minimizing resources for inactive applications. Our goal is zero processes dedicated to inactive applications -- but with dynamic spin-up on user access through our edge. We're about 70% there, but there's a long set of optimizations on our priority list...and that's where you come in.
If working on the kernel-level tuning leveraging bleeding edge technologies sounds like fun then this might be the role for you.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has experience working with clusters or multi-layer application stacks running over networks.
* Prior experience with memory, CPU, and I/O profiling.
* Understands C and is comfortable compiling stuff from source or rebuilding packages from source.
* Has interest or experience in on-demand process management.
* Is comfortable working with tools and a platform based on Ruby, Python, and node.js.
* Is interested in facilitating decision making around the optimization tradeoffs we're making. ie Performance vs headroom for memory etc.
* Thinks working with Fedora 17 (aka "Beefy Miracle") sounds like fun...anything you do will be on late-generation kernels.
* Is an active member of the open source community.
Bonus Points For:
* Owning a vintage Unix poster (don't worry; as our resident guru you'll need one of these and weÕll get you one if you donÕt already have one!)
* Experience working with Cassandra.
* strace or dtrace experience.
* GDB experience
* Full-time, regular position w/ salary.
* Stock options.
* Vacation days and time off.
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
* Top-of-line equipment.
* Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
* Fun at Drupal community events!
* This is a full time, on-site position.
* Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click on the link below!