Accepting Applications, please Apply
The Financial Services industry is broken. FairLoan was founded in December 2011 to fix it. We want to put our technology to work to fix big problems. The first big problem: the limited availability of credit to over 70m Americans. FairLoan is building technologies that will allow us to bring the cost of borrowing down for everyone. After tackling the cost of borrowing, FairLoan has its sights on making it easier for all working Americans to make payments while allowing them to better budget their money.
few of the challenges you'll help us solve:
* Hard data visualization problems- You'll help us create loan planning and scheduling
where our users will have clarity to how they can make and pay back a loan. This is
extremely important to our success.
* We'll need you to have an agile mindset so that our product works for many different
types of users: customers, partnerships, government regulations, external auditors, etc.
* You'll be helping us bring transparency and openness to an industry which works hard
to obscure and confuse their customers.
While we have a tight release for Q4 2012 we have big ideas for where to go next with our
platform -- building this platform is fundamental, which makes this role fundamental.
If these challenges sound like fun and you're looking for a chance to work with an
experienced team at a well-funded start-up where you can really make a difference - not
only in all aspects of the development lifecycle, but in lives of folks using our
product - you've come to the right place. Read on and find out more.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has a strong web development background in HTML5/CSS3.
* Possesses 2+ years of professional programming experience and has a demo or portfolio to show for it.
Bonus Points For:
* Having done development for MVC patterns and RESTful services.
* Experience with technologies like jQuery, Twitter Boostrap, SASS, git, Backbone,
CoffeeScript, HAML or Node.js.
* Mobile dev or design experience for web or native applications.
* Background or interest in financial services.
What we can offer you:
* A fun knowledgeable team to work with, and a great work environment.
* You'll be one of our foundational engineering hires, and we're ready to talk equity with you.
* We also offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, generous healthcare plan, paid
vacation package, stocked kitchen etc.
* Close to BART and Caltrain.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* To apply, click the link!