Full Stack Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
The Financial Services industry is broken. FairLoan was founded in December 2011 to fix it. We want to put our technology to work to fix a major problem: the limited availability of credit to over 70 million Americans.
FairLoan is building technologies that will allow us to bring the cost of borrowing down for everyone. After tackling the cost of borrowing, FairLoan has its sights on making it easier for all working Americans to make payments while allowing them to better budget their money.
We're looking for a full stack engineer who's comfortable building an app all the way to deployment. You'll be a founding member of our engineering team, and you'll get to pair with an engineer from Pivotal Labs. Here are a few of the challenges you'll help us solve:
* Hard data visualization problems- You'll help us create loan planning and scheduling that will give our users clarity in to how they can get and pay back a loan.
* We'll need you to have an agile mindset so that our product works for many different types of users: customers, partnerships, government regulations, auditors.
* You'll be helping us bring transparency and openness to an industry which works hard to obscure and confuse their customers.
If these challenges sound like fun and you're looking for a chance to really make a difference on a product, you've come to the right place.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has worked for a startup on a web based application, and uses version control and TDD regularly.
* Understands how to integrate APIs used for payment transactions or financial services into a web application.
* Experience developing for MVC patterns and RESTful services.
* Experience with technologies like jQuery, Twitter Boostrap, SASS, Git, Backbone, CoffeeScript, HAML or Node.js.
* Mobile dev or design experience for web or native applications.
* Background or interest in financial services.
You can look forward to:
* A fun knowledgeable team to work with, and a great work environment.
* You'll be one of our foundational engineering hires, and we're ready to talk equity with you.
* Close to BART and CalTrain.
* We also offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, generous healthcare plan, paid vacation package, stocked kitchen etc.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* To Apply click the link below!