Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
How can a Ruby on Rails engineer help customers find clothes online that really, truly fit? At True&Co, we are building one of the most meaningful online shopping experiences ever.
Our 2-minute quiz and personal shop is powered by an algorithm and recommendation system that matches customers to items that fit perfectly – all without a measuring tape. We launched our app featuring lingerie in 2012 and we’re poised to add more in 2013. Our shop has been featured in Good Morning America, The New York Times, Forbes, InStyle and more. We’re thrilled to be backed by VC firms from coast to coast, including First Round Capital and SoftTech VC.
As we grow, we’re looking for people who are excited about being part of an open engineering culture while building interesting technologies. We’re working to harness data for our customers in new and helpful ways. Our app is already successful, and with a growing following. Our products are in high-demand, and you’ll lead the refactoring of our app to do even more.
We’re looking for a Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer to lead the refactor of our application. Here are a few of the challenges you’ll help us solve:
• Scaling us up to accommodate millions of users
• Developing better and more targeted algorithms for our recommendation system
• Engineering our back end to interface more closely with our inventory system
• Collaborating with our designers and developers to implement new features.
Our ideal candidate:
• You’ve shipped a couple consumer-facing web applications using modern OO- languages and frameworks.
• You can demonstrate ownership and longevity of professional projects you’ve built or refactored with Ruby on Rails
• Experience developing for e-commerce sites (extra bonus points for lifestyle or fashion sites)
• Experience integrating your app with 3PL or other inventory management systems
• Experience with Distribution Systems and XML parsers
• Experience with MySQL.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What We Offer:
• Great salary and great benefits
• Opportunity to be part of something built from the ground up, and with an active, growing customer base
• Open, collaborative office in SoMa close to CalTrain, MUNI and BART
• Meaningful equity or stock options
How to Apply:
• The Sourcery will the first point of contact.
• All applications receive a response
• All applications are kept strictly confidential
• To apply, click the link!