Lead Software Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
The Financial Services industry is broken. FairLoan was founded in December 2011 to fix it. We want to put our technology to work to fix a major problem: the limited availability of credit to over 70 million Americans.
FairLoan is building technologies that will allow us to bring the cost of borrowing down for everyone. After tackling the cost of borrowing, FairLoan has its sights on making it easier for all working Americans to make payments while allowing them to better budget their money.
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help build out our applications. You'll be a founding member of our engineering team, and you'll get to pair with an engineer from Pivotal Labs. Here are a few of the challenges you'll help us solve:
* Hard data visualization problems- You'll help us create loan planning and scheduling that will give our users clarity in to how they can get and pay back a loan.
* You'll be helping us bring transparency and openness to an industry which works hard to obscure and confuse their customers.
* We'll need you to have an agile mindset so that our product works for many different types of users: customers, partnerships, government regulations, auditors.
If these challenges sound like fun and you're looking for a chance to work with an experienced team on a product where you can really make a difference, you've come to the right place.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has led a dev team at startup, and is comfortable working with and managing software and industry consultants.
* 2+ years of professional programming experience.
* Experience developing MVC patterns and RESTful services.
* Experience with technologies like jQuery, RoR, Twitter Bootstrap, SASS, Git, Backbone, CoffeeScript, HAML or Node.js.
* Mobile dev or design experience for web or native applications.
* Background or interest in financial services.
What we can offer you:
* A fun knowledgeable team to work with, and a great work environment.
* You'll be one of our foundational engineering hires, and we're ready to talk equity with you.
* Close to BART and CalTrain.
* We also offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, generous healthcare plan, paid vacation package, stocked kitchen etc.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* To Apply click the link below!