Accepting Applications, please Apply
Credit Karma is founded on a simple yet revolutionary idea – a completely free online credit management platform that puts the power of credit into the hands of the consumer. Our team shares a common belief that access to financial data is a fundamental consumer right.
Our idea has resonated with a lot of people – we’ve helped over 8 million members stay informed! There’s a lot more work to do and we’re growing to meet those needs. We’ve doubled in size in 2012 and are growing faster than ever. Join our team and help us bring our message of truly free and responsible credit to everyone.
Software Engineers get involved early in the product development cycle, working with a product manager to lay features out intelligently. You'll be in charge of all aspects of your project: from figuring out how it should be architected, designing the DB schema, writing the code, and making sure loose ends are tied up. Along the way, you'll coordinate with our QA team to make sure your feature is correctly tested.
We are a small (but growing) team with a handful of developers, so this position offers a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. If you're a person who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take ownership of a project and meet deadlines with quality, then this is a great position for you.
What the job entails:
• Taking ownership of your project from inception through design and testing:
• Work with our small team to improve security on our site
• Take responsibility for web security and refine policies to ensure that our bases are covered.
• Help us scale our environment – if our user count doubles next month, no problem!
Our Ideal Candidate has:
• Proficiency in at least one dynamic server-side language (PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl or similar)
• Knows his/her way around an SQL query – both writing and optimizing
• Familiarity with web application internals and experience identifying and handling web security flaws.
• You’ve worked with secure data – if it was financial data even better!
• LAMP stack experience.
• Worked on scaling a web app? We’d love to hear about it!
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance (Credit Karma pays for 85% of the plan for Employee and Spouse!)
• 401(k) plan
• Stock Options
• A well-stocked kitchen
• Ping pong and dart gun breaks
• And our personal favorite.........Awful/Amazing Movie Nights every other week