Lead Backend Engineer / Glassbeam
Accepting Applications, please Apply
All that lovely data just sitting there in a machine log. Shame to see it go to waste . . .
Who We Are
Glassbeam provides an analytics solution to some of the biggest big data companies out there, like EMC and IBM. While traditional log processing tools focus on events and errors, Glassbeam’s log analytics provides comprehensive analytics on ALL data from all log files in devices using a cutting edge technology stack.
Glassbeam pioneered the very first log parsing language SPL™ and has successfully applied it to parse some of the most complex logs in the industry for big data analytics solutions.
We’re funded by accomplished entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and our management team comes from highly successful companies like NetApp, Siebel, Disney, Oracle & TCS.
We’re building our next generation scalable data analysis platform and need a lead developer to handle large data through distributed processing. You’ll bring your hands-on technical experience to design and build our scalable platform!
• Work with distributed systems, NoSQL, Big-data and complex event processing
• Work alongside our team to design and develop functional enhancements to our language interpreter SPLi.
• Help us research emerging technologies in the big data space to help us improve our increasingly demanding performance challenge
• As a bonus, you’ll build a language grammar for parsers.
• Bottom line: we’re talking a full tech refresh using the latest technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Is passionate about writing code: Java and any other JVM based languages, with ability to move freely between languages and tools)
• Has experience with “big data” technologies such as Hadoop
• Is able to work with other developers from different time zones on complex technical issues and achieve good results
• Has experience with distributed systems (NoSQL)
• Has experience with search technologies (Solandra, Lucene, Solr)
Bonus Points For:
• Experience with Scala, even more bonus points for Akka
• Experience with NoSQL databases: Cassandra, Big Table, Hive, Hadoop, Dynamo
• Experience with modern web frameworks, for example Lift or Play
• Experience with either back-end or front-end query builders
What We Can Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Full Benefits
• Class A office in Sunnyvale super accessible
• One of the first engineering hires
• Much much more!
How To Apply:
• The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
• All applications receive a response
• All applications are kept strictly confidential
• To Apply click the link below!
How To Apply
* To apply, click the link!
You already have an application created for this job. Would you like to apply again?