Big Data Engineer
Accepting Applications, please Apply
Big Data Engineer
We're making ads useful for people while easy to run and manage for marketers.
Ads suck for users as they are mostly irrelevant or creepy at best. They suck for marketers too, as it takes too much work to run them. SocialWire fuses commerce signals and Facebook Open Graph to make ads as awesome as product recommendations.
SocialWire is backed by First Round Capital, Dave McClure (500 Startups), Joi Ito (Director, MIT Media Labs) and more [angel.co/socialwire]. Our team comes from great data and ad-tech companies like Google, Yahoo, Digg and Jumptap.
SocialWire is expanding!
Want to get your hands on big data that spans over Facebook Open Graph to customer behavior on the largest e-commerce sites? We're a small but strong group of hackers building ad products that actually help and delight people – and we need more awesomeness to raise the bar.
You'll help us:
* Crawl large and dynamic retailer catalogs to automatically select and build ads.
* Synthesize data from Facebook Open Graph and customer behavior from sites to automate targeting.
* Turn cutting-edge data experiments into polished ad features used by the largest retailers at scale.
If you're looking for an opportunity to hack the Open Graph to make ads actually useful - we'd love to talk to you!
Our Ideal Candidate
* Has 2+ years of experience with Python, C/C++ or Java in a production environment
* Has a degree from a strong CS program
* Has experience with big data
* Has experience with machine learning
* Can work independently, but also collaborate as a team
Bonus Points for:
* Experience with big data as it relates to advertising, analytics or recommendation systems.
* Experience working with Facebook Platform, specifically, Open Graph, Ads API and/or Insights APIs.
* Experience in building mobile and/or social products.
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services
* Experience in using or contributing to Open Source software
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary with stock options
* 20 vacation days per year
* 100% covered health care and vision, 50% dental
* Tech set up of your choice
* Gym membership
* Free food and sncaks 24/7
* Dogs welcome in the office
* Fun frequent activities like bowling and paintball
* Great location in Potrero Hill in the beautiful Design District. Convenient location to downtown SF,
caltrain, BART, MUNI, Freeway accessible and around the corner from Whole Foods.
* Fussball, keggerator, music space and more.
How To Apply:
• The Sourcery will be the first point of contact
• All applications receive a response
• All applications are kept strictly confidential
• The apply click the link!