Systems Engineer / BitPusher
Accepting Applications, please Apply
BitPusher is a small, rapidly growing web infrastructure company in San Francisco.
We manage web servers, networks and other IT infrastructure, whether physical, dedicated
or cloud. We build long-term relationships with our customers and take the time to understand
their applications, their technical needs and their business needs. We customize things as
required to meet our clients’ needs, but also keep things as standard as we can for reasons
that we're sure you already understand.
Do you like making order out of chaos? Are you effective when managing lots of little projects,
but also have a tendency to make improvements that you didn't originally have in mind? Are you
always looking for ways to manage servers more efficiently? Are you looking for a chance to not
only put your current skills to work, but to learn the newest technologies to hit the market?
If this sounds like you – let’s talk!
We’re looking for a hands-on Operations engineer who will work on our customers' production web
infrastructure- both ongoing management as well as implementation and migration projects.
You’ll play an active role in coming up with better ways to administer large numbers of systems
supporting diverse applications, by improving both technical practices and processes and help
make our processes more effective and streamlined.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Several years of production systems administration/engineering experience in a Linux/UNIX environment, including some web operations experience.
* A strong understanding of technologies such as load balancing and caching.
* Experience with performance analysis and tuning for web-based applications (Apache, Nginx, Ruby, Tomcat, etc...)
* Experience with monitoring systems and configuration management systems would be great (Chef, Nagios, Munin, etc.) - bonus points for knowledge of more than one!
* Hands-on experience with different hosting types (in-house, dedicated, cloud).
* Strong scripting ability, preferably in Ruby and/or Python - bonus points for ability in more than one language!
*The chance to make a difference and be heard. We’re a very small team and you’ll have a big impact
*Great benefits package
*Great location close to public transit and food/entertainment in the Financial District
*Fully stocked kitchen
*Company equity for the right candidate is a possibility
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link.
How To Apply
* To apply, click the link!
You already have an application created for this job. Would you like to apply again?