Sr. UX/UI Designer - Desktop and Mobile - San Diego
Accepting Applications, please Apply
GoPro’s versatile cameras and accessories enable people to self-capture immersive and engaging footage of themselves enjoying their favorite activities. From extreme to mainstream, GoPro’s HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable capture devices are transforming the way consumers, professional athletes, and video production professionals capture, manage and share meaningful photo and video content. Based in San Mateo, California, GoPro’s products are sold through more than 25,000 stores in over 100 countries worldwide and direct via GoPro.com. GoPro branded content is shared and enjoyed by millions of people on popular media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.
GOPROⓇ and HEROⓇ are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
We're looking for an awesome, fun, smart, hardworking, creative, friendly, responsible person to effectively help GoPro execute on company vision, create great products, and make a great working environment.
At GoPro our Software Design and UX Team is focused on dynamic web, desktop, and mobile product design and development. As our UX/UI Designer (aka UX/UI Engineer), you'll help us create both visual designs and working prototypes for the products we work on.
Some of what you'll tackle includes:
* Delivering wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
* Working closely with stakeholders to design new features from the ground up
* Prototyping rich interactive interfaces with multiple states and roles
* Designing information architecture and workflows
* Advocating evidence-based design through the Lean approach of build, test, learn
* Conducting user testing and reporting on the outcomes
* Pitching and presenting designs to stakeholders for sign-off
* Creating and implementing dynamic style guides and design standards
* Designing consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
* Helping lead company design initiatives
* Pushing forward a "NoPSD" philosophy of working in high-fidelity, close-to-delivery mockups
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* A few years of experience with desktop and/or mobile UI/UX design
* Experience working on the whole product lifecycle, from beginning to end, as a UI/UX designer
* Expertise in desktop mockup and interface design tools, such as Interface Builder, Android Studio, WPF, proto.io, etc.
* A strong portfolio
* Strong communication skills and the ability to sell your work
Extra Credit for:
* Thorough understanding of grid-based layouts and UI frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap
* Ability to code in C, C++, C#, Java, or other languages
So what's so great about our gig? Yeah, we figured you'd ask eventually.
* Good benefits and good salaries.
* We all learn, teach, and train together. Learn something new? Tell us about it. We'll return the favor.
* Own the projects you work on. Grab the reins and take control.
* Great office location directly across from the beach - join us as we surf at lunch!
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link!
GoPro is an equal opportunity employer.